So, you have decided to have a child and your choice is IVF. What is it? Why is it used? What success does it have? — We will try to answer these questions.
In Vitro Fertilization is a type of ART (assisted reproductive technology). IVF is a complex series of procedures used to treat infertility or genetic problems. It is the process of fertilization by extracting eggs, retrieving a sperm sample, and then manually combining an egg and sperm into zygote (fertilized egg) in a laboratory dish. Then this egg (or eggs) becomes an embryo and is transferred to the uterus of the patient or of the surrogate mother. We control the development of the new life by ultrasonography and laboratory analyses. One cycle of IVF takes about two weeks.
In Vitro Fertilization is the most effective form of assisted reproductive technology today. The procedure is done using eggs and sperm from the couple, or may involve eggs or sperm from a known or anonymous donor. The chances of having a healthy baby using IVF are quite high. Our doctors will help you to understand how IVF works and its advantages.
When it is used? In our Surrogacy Programs in Ukraine, IVF is a critical part of the whole process. Couples with infertility that do not need a surrogate can also benefit from an IVF program. Most common female and male infertility factors are:
1. women age after 40;
2. genetic problems;
3. certain health condition like: Fallopian tube damage or blockage. Ovulation disorders, Premature ovarian failure, Endometriosis, Uterine fibroids, Previous tubal sterilization, Impaired sperm production or function, Unexplained infertility, Fertility preservation for cancer or other health conditions.
1. Fertility medications – stimulating egg production. The patient is given injections of a medication that ripens the developing eggs and starts the process of ovulation. Then, with the help of ultrasound we will control the eggs development. Multiple eggs are desired because some eggs will not develop or fertilize after fertilization.
2. Eggs are retrieved through a minor surgical procedure from the women’s pelvic.
3. The male is asked to produce a sample of sperm, or donor’s sperm is used.
4. Insemination: intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) takes place. Through this procedure, a single sperm is injected directly into the egg in order to achieve fertilization.
5. So we have gotten embryos! They are usually transferred into the woman’s uterus three – five days after fertilization. A catheter or small tube is inserted into the uterus (yours or that of the surrogate mother) to transfer the embryos. This procedure is painless for most women.
6. If all procedures are successful, implantation typically occurs in around six to ten days. Then we control the development of the embryo by ultrasound and laboratory analyses.
7. You have your own baby. And it doesn’t matter which way you walked to have this happiness.
The success rate depends on a number of factors including reproductive history, maternal age, the cause of infertility, and lifestyle factors. IVF is by far the most commonly used and successful high-tech fertility treatment, accounting for more than 99 percent of ART procedures.
In the conclusion: So! We, at Pons Medical will help you to experience the happiness of maternity; you will make your dream a reality. It doesn’t matter how many past sorrows you have gone through, you will hold your baby on your hands.
Please, write or call us for more information about our IVF and Surrogacy programs.