Women considering the to be come surrogate mothers are often asked, “Why surrogacy?”, “What’s in it for you?”.
Surrogate mothers have many different reasons for being Surrogate mothers, and each may find different rewards in the experience. Here are just a few surrogacy advantages for these incredible women that make a huge sacrifice for their families and and the Intended Parents:
- Surrogacy is a rewarding gift. Many women who choose surrogacy do so to give back to another family. It takes a special, compassionate person to become a surrogate. A surrogate can walk away from the experience with a deep sense of pride and satisfaction that they were able to help another family.
- Surrogacy allows you to experience motherhood. The surrogacy process allows them to experience all of the joys and wonders of pregnancy again, even if their own families are already complete they are still mothers to many kids and in this process they complete many incomplete families.
- Surrogates enjoy a sense of community. Surrogacy is a great experience, and many surrogates are able to develop deep and close bonds with other women who have completed the process.
- Surrogates are legally protected. Surrogate mothers enter into a legally binding contract with the intended parents, giving them the opportunity to clearly outline their expectations and responsibilities during the surrogacy process. This always ensures that the surrogate will be fairly compensated.
- Surrogates are well compensated. In exchange for a yearlong commitment to the intended parents and completing their family, as well as the many physical and emotional demands of pregnancy, the surrogate is well compensated with an amount that may be used to help her achieve future goals and support her family, such as buying a house or paying for her children’s college education.